Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Friday, December 29, 2006

President Ford

President Gerald Ford was one of the first presidents I remember being aware of in school. Sure, I watched President Kennedy's funeral, and watched Tricky Dick's "I am not a crook" speech--but with President Ford, I was old enough to take an interest and follow his years in office.

I remember my shock when I heard he had pardoned Richard Nixon....now I see what a wise decision that was for him to make. He set the wheels in motion to calm a nation hell-bent to think the worst of the presidency and the Federal government.

And who can forget Chevy Chase imitating him on Saturday Night Live?

May Gerald Ford rest in peace.

No comments: