Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Slug That I Am

This is the first weekend we've had completely free in months. Instead of putting the house in order and getting caught up on my bills though, I've spent the weekend relaxing and taking time for me. Important for my psyche.

My daughter's volleyball team didn't score well enough to continue through the tournaments. The state competition for marching bands was last Saturday, so we're enjoying having a weekend to ourselves. (The kids from South got 4th place at State.)

Yesterday we visiting a petting farm north of North Lake, Wisconsin. They had miniature donkeys, llamas, goats, geese, chickens and turkeys. Megan seemed to enjoy herself despite the cold and windy weather. We also bought our pumpkins for carving.

Today I've begun work decluttering our bedroom (which really needs an overhaul!) and getting all domestic in the kitchen. I have bread cooking right now in the bread machine. It is the first time we've attempted to make any bread in there in a long time...over a year at least. I think the last time I tried it we ended up with a boat anchor. It sure smells good in the house right now.

Corey put the final coat of paint on our back porch today and is cleaning out the garage. I need to get back at it and work on the pit upstairs called our bedroom....

No comments: