Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Governor Lee Sherman Dreyfuss

May he rest in peace. He came into office when I was a senior in high school, so he was governor of our fair state while I was in college. I wish more politicians were like him. A genuinely caring man--wanting the best for his constituents. The last six years I've got reacquainted with him through his columns in the Waukesha Freeman newspaper.

He was best known for his signature red vest. The state of Wisconsin was blessed by having a man like him as a resident, as a leader and as a governor.

No comments: