Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Friday, March 28, 2008

A Blissful Friday Night

Many people I know live for Friday nights. Party night--celebrate the end of a hellish week at work--visit with friends, seen and be seen. I'm an oddity--I live for Friday nights but in a different way--a night to celebrate the end of a hellish week--but not to see friends, not to be seen--sitting in my Lazy Boy chair, feet up, supper eaten, dishes done, laptop or book at the ready. Ah, beer? Oh yeah. I have little energy come Friday nights. Is my life exciting? Not to some of my friends, but for me, my life and Friday nights are just fine.

No comments: