Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Life Comes to a Standstill in Wisconsin

Well, it is official. Brett Favre announced his retirement today. Life as we know it in Wisconsin came to a screeching halt. I purposely didn't watch the news because every other newsworthy item will pale in comparison. On the drive home, one station announced they would have special Brett coverage until 7 p.m., then come back to special coverage at 9 p.m. What the hell?!! I get it--he was a great player, but come on! They guy didn't die?! They keep calling him the best player in Packers history....hello - what about Bart Starr? Starr won more MVP titles and won more championships. OK Brett set records, but keep in mind, other QBs haven't played as many years either!

I tell you what. I'm a diehard Packer fan--my e-mail address begins with "iluvpackers" but this is too much!

My hat is off to you Mr. Favre. You made us all very proud to be a cheesehead. I don't remember the glory days of the 60's because I was too young, but I will remember the past decade with great fondness. I hope you enjoy your retirement and your time with Deanna and the girls. They've supported you all these years, now it is your turn to support them.

No comments: