Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tired Slob

How did I let my bedroom get to this state? As I put away months of jewelry I've worn and tangled at the end of my dresser, dust surfaces that haven't seen the back end of a dust rag in months, I wonder how I can let things go this way?

Our bedroom is quite large. We live in an old Victorian home that is over 120 years old. Our queen bed, two night stands and a tall boy dresser are tucked into the old "dressing room" and my office is what some might coin the bedroom. My dresser, a hutch, file cabinet, my desk, and a fireplace occupy the space. So does years of clutter, filing to be done, clothes worn once but not enough to throw in the wash. Kids art projects, dry cleaning, ironing board....you get the idea.

If I would just put stuff away as I take it off, put folded laundry away as my hubby brings it upstairs, all would be well with the world. I found a pair of earrings I've been looking for--then remembered they are broke and in need of repair.

As I type this blog, I feel my aching feet, sniffle at the dust I'm uncovering, and revel that I've uncovered 2 1/2 feet of clutter from my dresser. Can I change?

No comments: