Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Follow Up to Earlier Post

I didn't make time the other day to post another incident at our local post office. Is it me, or does that post office bring out the worst in people? (see post from earlier this summer > http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=34622944#editor/target=post;postID=3496557563431131715;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=2;src=postname) Monday I needed to mail a sweepstakes letter as well as a birthday gift to a friend who lives in California. As I moved forward in line (it was my turn next) a dazed looking woman came into the lobby area and glanced at the line (there were about 10 or 12 of us) and walked right up to the counter with her dilemma. No backwards glance to the rest of poor schmo's patiently waiting in line for their turn... From what I gathered from the conversation, she had mailed a package earlier that morning but now wanted it back. Because the Post Office couldn't guarantee next day delivery for the zip code she was mailing to, her sister (the recipient of said package) insisted she ship it another way. Well getting a package back costs you over $10. Once that package crosses the counter, it is in the hands of the government and you have to fill out a form to get it back, as well as cough up some money. I don't care what your story is--you saw the long line of people--our stories may not be as exciting as yours but we waited our turn and you can wait yours bitch. Since I was next, I got my package weighed, paid my postage and went on my merry way. But not before stepping close to our line butter and say softly "next time wait in line like the rest of us!" Shame on her. And shame on the postal clerk for waiting on her. He should have politely asked her to step to the end of the line. I was flustered enough by the whole thing that my sweepstakes envelope was still in my hand down the block a few moments later! But I felt better giving her a piece of my mind!

No comments: