Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Life Gets in the Way Sometimes

If I could retire tomorrow, I'd do so in Milwaukee minute! I have so many things I want to do and try, but never enough time to do it all.

We have a receptionist at work who is very proud that she has worked for the company for almost 50 years. She is clearly beyond retirement age, but says she doesn't know what she'd do with herself!

This week I turned the sloth chapter and hopefully put to bed my non-fitness ways. If I cannot change my eating habits, then my fitness habits need to pick up so I don't turn into one of those candidates for The Biggest Loser.

It all snowballs--ride bike or go for a walk over my lunch hour takes away time I could be picking up around the house or running errands. Now running errands and cleaning the house need to come out somewhere else....my family time, craft time? It is all important and so necessary for my psyche...but then there is this thing called work. I need to earn a buck so I can travel, support my craft habits, have fun with friends, go on vacations.....

It's really too bad that life has to get in the way sometimes!

No comments: