Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day Three and Staying Strong

This is my third day on Weight Watchers and I'm amazed I've been able to stick to it. It has been years since I've gone successfully for this long...I just haven't had the will power.

So far so good. The daily point value I'm allowed seems like too many. Today though, I wanted to have a beer, but after tallying up my totals, I had like three points left and I needed 5 for a beer. I could tap into my 49 extra weekly points, but I decided I didn't need a beer that bad today! So after a 60 minute walk I ate two small cookies sealing the deal on the points for today.

I tried a new recipe today, it was a crock pot white chili recipe. I initially cut the recipe in half and added half the spice, but ended up adding extra beans and chicken broth but forgot to up the spices too. It was fine...not sure I cared for the ground turkey meat...I think diced cooked chicken might have tasted better.

On my walk tonight I heard a lot of bird cacaphony as well as a woodpecker. Spring is definitely on the way!

No comments: