Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Apology Not Accepted

Did you ever have one of those days when anything that could happen, did? Problem after problem surfaces, one employee is out sick, another is running late due to a court appointment.... Today has been one of those days for me. I spent the entire morning troubleshooting problems that surfaced (and unfortunately, one employee was responsible for all of them) when she calls on the phone to let me know she was running late....I guess I had too many *sighs* over the phone but when she got to the office, she accused me of being rude to her and I didn't have to like her but I could afford a simple professional courtesy, blah blah blah. She went off on me and it took me totally off guard. I had come to her to apologize for sounding so scatter-brained over the phone and she blasted me for everything under the sun. BLAM - I get it from all directions. (OK, that she was in court getting a divorce probably played a big factor in her anger...and lucky me for getting the brunt of it!)

I'm a big girl, I can take it. I would have appreciated it if the entire cube farm had not heard her ripping me a new one....but it just wasn't what I needed--today or any other day.

So now if I go back and mention the 4 corrections I processed for her this morning--she'll look at it as retaliation....I can't win!

Got a new pedometer yesterday in the mail. By the same company as the one I had for years but recently broke. I'm happy it came because I'm obsessive about knowing how many steps I've walked on a given day....lately it isn't enough. :-)

After work I need to run home to change--my oldest has a volleyball tournament....another night of running. I'll close today with a quote I found today on Beliefnet.com: "When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." -Abraham Maslow

No comments: