Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's Not Geometry--It's Volleyball

Part of the reason I’m tired all the time is thanks to my daughter’s schedule. She is a freshman this year and seems to be involved in everything. Marching band alone is quite the time commitment. I don’t know how she does it! They do have one hour each day during school, and 3 hours each Monday evening from 6 – 9. Every other week they also have a practice on Wednesday from 6 – 9 p.m. THEN she made the JV volleyball team….they practice every day after school from 3 – 5. Meets tend to be Tuesday’s and Thursday’s beginning at 5:30 and because they are required to support the Varsity squad…she rarely gets home before 9:15 p.m. Some weeks there is a meet on Saturday morning as well. And she is in 4H…this year she is an officer which adds one additional meeting (besides the regular club meeting). Now. Do I need to go to all of her games? No. Do I need to go to each performance for marching band? No. Do I need to be a 4H leader? No. But I do—my parents rarely supported me with my school activities (just 4H) and I don’t want that for my daughter.

Combine that with a VERY rambunctious 2-year-old and you begin to understand. Add to that a commute to work that is 35-40 minutes in the morning and 45 – 60 minutes at night coming home…..I’m tired. Excited at times, but tired. By the end of the week, I have no energy for anything domestic.

Tonight they have a meet at home which is against three other teams. One team showed up unexpectedly (it was supposed to be a triangular meet—not a quad), so they shortened the games to 21 and are only playing 2 games against each team. It’s 8:29 pm as I type my rough draft (to copy and paste into my blog when I get home.) I need to continue making wise use of my time at these many activities.

So in the meantime…until I work this out, I’ll continue taking my vitamins, getting as much rest as I can and continue to blog my frustrations until they all work themselves out.

p.s. Her team tied for first place! It was worth it!

No comments: