Mid-life crisis, pre-menopause, or just old age...my state of mind lately changes like the Wisconsin weather. Waukesha is a smaller town west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's a neat town with a private college, a really cool downtown shopping district with lots of galleries and antique stores.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Is It Me, Or Are You Just Rude?

The other day as I was leaving the post office, as I stepped toward the glass exit door, a man threw the door open in front of me and strode right through. Strongly. Without a backwards glance AND did not hold the door for me. WTH?

Holding the door open might have delayed him a whole 10 seconds, but it is a nicety we women come to expect (at least this woman.) I mean, I was RIGHT THERE! His stride was such one would have thought he was going all "postal" on someone or something. Since I haven't read any news stories of such, maybe it was my imagination.

Normally I just blink my eyes and shrug my shoulders and blow it off, but his forceful entry and rudeness still has me pondering two days later.

And since I'm on the subject, what about throwing a baby shower at work and not inviting all of your coworkers? Sure, I work for global and you work for another division, but I sit right next to you when I'm in the office!

Rudeness surrounds me....daily apparently. Here is hoping I get a day of rudefree blissfulness today!

No comments: